Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Taking the stairs

Call me stupid, but I took the stairs to my office today instead of the elevator. You will never know how out of shape you are until you do such. I remember doing stadiums in High School. You know stadiums, where you run up the stairs and down the stairs and back up the stairs and back down the stairs... Well, 11 years later I am dying just doing 6 flights of stairs to get to my desk. I am, however, determined to get in shape. So if this is how I have to find time to "work out", so be it!

4 times today I took the stairs, and the rest was on the elevator. Eventually I will get away from using the elevator all together, but we will do it 'one step at a time'. The only problem I am seeing is trying to get a cart full of monitors to roll up or even down the stairs. I guess there will be some exceptions to the stairs.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sarah and I can relate to you... yesterday we went for a walk around her neighborhood - we did a whapping 6 laps and our bodies ached and were cramping up a bit.... I think it's all time we "take the stairs" and get off our lazy arses!!!

froelica said...

Good for you!

I have a little trouble doing the 4 flights up to my office. I'd rather walk up the hill behind my (soon to be old) apartment. Its uphill, stairs are uphill, yet somehow its easier...

Emily said...

tee hee - soon to be old apartment!! James told me you guys are going to be painting your new apartment probably this Saturday -that's so exciting!!!

Dorkboy said...

I know that hill well! I walk it every morning again. I get off the MAX at Goose Hollow and walk to 2nd and Market. Good exercise. Then when I get to the office I take the stairs, so I am already tired. Going home is much easier.

Sarah said...

Stairs suck.