Monday, October 1, 2007

CUBS WIN!

WE (they) DID IT!

The Cubs have clinched the NL Central! I dont know what to say... WaHOO! I dont think I have been this excited about the Cubs in a long time! So... Who wants to donate to the 'Send Jon to watch the Cubs in the World Series Fund'? If they go, so do I. I hope.

Here are some stats for you since baseball is all about the numbers...

Last time the Cubs played in the NLCS (National League Championship Series): 2003 (Short version: Steve Bartman. Long version in next post)

The last time the Cubs played in the World Series: 1945 (they lost)

The last time the Cubs won a World Series: 1908 (they won back to back in 1907 and 1908)

So I say it again... GO CUBBIES!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Honey - you can have all of my paycheck to go see the Cubs... oh wait I don't make any money.... :) I hope they do go though - I will make it work so you can go see them play!

Dorkboy said...

What a wonderful wife I have... giving up her entire paycheck so that I can go watch the Cubs! I love you so much!

Sarah said...

You can have my paycheck too. See? That's the kind of sister in law I am.

Dorkboy said...

Thank you Sarah! So that brings the total up to... hold on let me add those together... $0. Thanks so much ladies!

Mac said...

Go Angels!

Nuf said.

Sarah said...

I can ask Josh for a few bucks. Maybe like $5. Will that help?

Susie Q said...

You can have mine and Haley's too!

Dorkboy said...

It is starting to look like you can keep your cash.